Monday, April 21, 2014

Recent E.L.F (Eyes.Lips.Face) gets Part I

Hello bbies, today I'm going to be sharing my opinions on a couple of E.L.F products I recently purchased~ I was out shopping and I stumbled across the E.L.F make up section at Target and was like -

Some of my favorite things in life are food, bargains and make up. The products fit into -two- of those categories so naturally I had to buy them. I've always heard nice things about E.L.F and I own a palette (that I like) so I scooped these things up quickly. I brought the following:


Flawless Finish Foundation
Shade
:- Caramel
Price
:- between $3-$6
My rating:- ✦✦✧✧✧ (2 out of 5)
Pros:- It smells nice.
Con:- Doesn't give a "flawless finish" it can look ashy
Detailed Review:- I'm personally disappointed in this foundation, I was expecting it to work better. It doesn't seem to be full coverage, if you have a lot of blemishes you want you cover this probably wont do you any justice. It also won't keep your skin matte all day. I tried using a skin primer and that didn't help with the shine. This foundation was the darkest shade offered. It's close but doesn't match my skin color. It's only off by 1-2 shade and it can look a little ashy even after brushing on a few layers of a darker powder. I will not buy this product again but I will use it because I spend money on it.... womp (๑• .̫ •๑)



Water Proof Eyeliner
Color:- Black
Price:- $2
My Rating:-✦✦✦✧✧ (3 out of 5)
Pros:- Felt tip helps to draw perf cat eyes.
Cons:- Dried out quickly,felt tip got ruined easily.
Detailed Review:- I loved this eyeliner and was very please with it. The precision was like amazing. It had me feeling like Alyssa Edwards
The reason I gave it a 3 out of 5 is because the second time I used it seemed like it was almost all gone. Also the felt tip got pushed in when I put the cap back on. Idk why it did that but I was really sad and thought it was just defective but naw.


Translucent Matifying Powder
Color:- Matte light nude
Price:- $3
My Rating:-✦✦✦✦✧ (3 out of 5)
Pro:- Good for touch ups, good highlighter, not too heavy.
Cons:- Not translucent
Detailed Review:- This was my favorite of things I purchased from Target, it actually does what its supposed too. It's good for using over concealer and I'm sure if I had a decent foundation (besides the elf foundation) It be 10x better. I would buy this product again.




That's all thanks for reading.
 I have a few more E.L.F products to write about, but I will do that another time.

Also here is a picture of my face in case you forgot what I look like~




4 comments:

  1. E.L.F. is my love next to NYX!
    I'm sitting here with your page opened for nice background music btw
    - w -

    thelovelyify.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What E.L.F products to you use that are decent? Maybe I haven't found the right stuff yet.

      :D I'm happy you're enjoying my music lol

      Delete
  2. I tried the eyeliner too in brown once, and it did the exact same thing, like smh.
    I dont understand the hype around it, I think people like it because of the price and their business practice (like, no advertisement) rather than the quality of the product itself.
    HOWEVER I doo love their lip crayons, I wear them like errday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I brought two liquid liners they both only lasted for like 1 use.
      I agree I feel like theyre overly hyped. Maybe at first they were amazing the quality decreased over time idk.

      I never tried the lip crayons did you write about them on your blog?

      Delete